Thursday, 13 January 2011

Midweek misc


 Yeah so I'm a day late on this one, my bad:

Funeral Party - Giant Song
Last week's iTunes single of the week, Giant Song lives up to its name. Another sign that their Jan 25th debut Golden Age of Knowhere could be a monster.

Beady Eye - The Roller
The most promising track so far from Beady Eye a.k.a. Oasis sans Noel. This will be the first single from their debut album, Different Gear, Still Speeding, which drops on February 28th via the bands own Beady Eye Records.

Cloud Nothings "Should Have"
Following on from the new Toro Y Moi track that I included in last week's cuts, Should Have by Cleveland's Cloud Nothings is the second half of the 2 track 7″ split which the bands joined forces for. A delightful slice of lo-fi Indie Rock from the act who recently got the number 4 spot in Pitchfork's 'Best Hope for 2011' list.

The Jezabels - Hurt Me
This came out way back in '09 and completely slipped my radar, but it's just such a beautfiul song I felt it was deserving of a mention. Everything about it is epic....from the piano progressions, to the rolling drums, and especially Hayley Mary's female vocals. It was only after the first minute of the song I realised I'd been holding my breath the whole time....listen with caution.       

E-Dubble - Grown for a Minute
One of E-Dubble's best tracks to date, Freestyle Friday 50 see's him taking on Jonsi's Boy Lilikoi. A bit of a rousing one this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment