Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Midweek misc



Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
Even with my emo days (arguably) behind me, I'll still always have 'nuff time for Jimmy Eat World. Tho I can't see them ever usurping '01 classic Bleed American, they've released a couple of beastly albums since then and the track My Best Theory is from the upcoming Invented. This'll be their 7th full length, and is sounding really rather promising.

Still Time - 9 to 5
Although sitting a little awkwardly in limbo between a classic or current sound, Cali's Still Time have a great vibe to them and sound like Counting Crows meet Waiting For My Rocket To Come era Jason Mraz. If you've got a porch then crack open a cold one and sit on it, with this occupying your speakers. If you're like me a fold-out chair on a bit of grass outside your house is the best you can muster, then fuck it, make it a few beers. 

Cee-Lo Green - No One's Gonna Love You (Band of Horses cover)
I don't know what even made Cee-Lo give it a go in the first place, but he's absolutely nailed this cover of Band Of Horses' No One's Gonna Love You. What a voice the dude's got....he just makes that melody his bitch.

Meligrove Band - Halflight
I don't want to keep on bumming Toronto but seriously if the city keeps on churning out quality bands like Meligrove Band I'm just gonna pack up my shit and move there. Upcoming tours with Tokyo Police Club and Born Ruffians shouldn't harm their high-octane Indie Rock cause either.

Sean Bones - Easy Street
Not just a cool name, Sean Bones makes heavily Reggae-brushed Folk Pop, perfect for summer cotch time. He's got an upcoming full length on the equally brilliant New York based label Frenchkiss Records who've already given us the likes of Local Natives, Freelance Whales and Suckers this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment