Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Hearts Under Fire

I must admit that I was a little hesitant initially about a female-fronted alternative group called Hearts Under Fire, what with the number of Paramore rip-off bands popping up all over the shop at the mo. But having been given some encouragement by Tom Barnes' sweet new snaps of the group (with a backdrop that refreshingly looks more Saw IV than Hot Topic), I'm glad as hell I gave them a chance.

Any concerns were rapidly quelled by the unconventional but highly effective beat that drives the intro and second half of the verse, and by the time the first almost Social Distortion-esque chorus had concluded, I was slapping my wrist for ever judging a book by it's....well, title I suppose. Sounding more Distillers than the aforementioned Pop Punk supergroup, they've got a real gritty edge and technical sensibility that's lacking in most Rock bands of either gender.

They've recently released an EP Letters which you can preview and pick up here

Hearts Under Fire - It's Not Me, It's You

1 comment:

  1. not just good friends of mine but also very down to earth and big sweethearts. this band has a real future in the music industry. watch out for these highly talented girls!

    randy tomlinson

    ReplyDelete